Spring break - Babysitters course (FR)
Event date : March 1, 2021 8:30 AM
Registration deadline : February 23, 2021 11:55 PM
14 participants / 14 maximum participants
Price : Free
11-15 years old
***When you register, don't forget to complete your order by clicking on the CART (at the top of the page, next to your name). And then click on the buttons CHECKOUT - CALCULATE YOUR ORDER - CONFIRM YOUR ORDER until you see the Order Confirmation.
The MFRC is pleased to announce that the Stay Safe and Babysitters courses will exceptionally be offered free of charge to members of the military community in the Montreal area during the spring break.
Over the past year, the pandemic has put a strain on family organization, among other things, with the advent of telework. The Montreal-area MFRC is aware that this new reality brings new challenges, including the development of greater autonomy among youth. To meet this objective, we wish to offer them courses where they will obtain the tools they need to take care of themselves.
Offered in collaboration with MEB Formations, a first aid training partner of the Canadian Red Cross, youth learn how to react well to different scenarios, in the community or at home. Their ability to ensure their own safety is reinforced, and the young people are thus prepared to remain alone!
- Access to a computer or tablet connected to the Internet and equipped with a camera and a microphone
- Create a free Zoom account.
- Pencil, highlighter and pencil crayons
- A snack
- A pair of medical gloves or small winter gloves
- A wooden spoon or a large marker
- A pillow or large cushion.
- A doll or teddy bear.
- A diaper (optional), 2 dish towels, a washcloth and scotch tape.
- A bottle of water to simulate a baby bottle.
- Red Cross Handbook which is included in the course
The Red Cross certificate will be emailed to each participant.
*** Please note that an adult must be present in the house to ensure the safety of the young person and to help him in case of need for the elementary students.