Steps for military member's welcome or departure form
Here are the steps to follow so that we can sign your receipt card (IN or OUT) upon your arrival (or departure) at your new unit:
1) Download the necessary forms (welcome form (IN) and departure form (OUT));
2) Check all the boxes or fill in all the spaces requested, indicating all the necessary information (e.g. email address, spouse's name, children's names, etc.).
3) Save the completed form and send it using the Submit forms section below. Be sure to attach your form by clicking ATTACH A FILE, then press SUBMIT.
4) When we receive your duly completed form, a confirmation letter, attesting to the receipt of your information, will be sent to you. This letter is then equivalent to our signature for your discharge card and is valid with the orderly room of your unit. Remember to print it and join it to the receipt card for the orderly room.
*** For arrivals, we invite you to obtain our welcome kit in one of the following ways:
• By emailing us at email@example.com. We will then send it to you by email.
Do not hesitate to contact or make an appointment with our community integration officer for more information.
Q: If I do not have all the information requested on the form, what should I do?
Skip the question and if it's important like the address, call us back or come back later.
Q: What is SN?
Military service number
Q: Should I specify "which region are you arriving from" ?
Just fill the city or military base where you were.
Q: What does ''are you on imposed restriction '' mean?
Has your family stayed in another province or city for a period of one year or more?
Q: What does "Are you on a course" mean?
If you are here only for a course and will you return then or not?
Q: Children: Live with you (At your address).
Check YES if your children are currently with you in the Montreal area.
Q: Do I have to specify the date of arrival of my family in the region?
You only have to write in which year (ex: 2020) did you arrive.
Q: Do I have to specify the place of work before departure?
You only have to specify which city.
Q: What does "imposed restriction" mean?
It means : your family stayed in another province or city for a period of one year or more.